2022 Florida Renewal Bundle
Contact Hours Awarded: 27
This 2022 Florida License Renewal Bundle meets all renewal requirements for Florida LPNs and RNs. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion instantly and your contact hours will be reported to CE Broker automatically. This course is accredited and approved by the Florida Board of Nursing (Provider Number: 50-23983).
This course includes multiple interesting topics in one easy course. Per the Florida Board of Nursing’s requirements, all Florida nurses are required to pass a test with a score of 80% or higher to receive their certificate.
- Morgan Curry, RN, BSN
- Meghan Jenkins, MSN, APRN
- Jillian Hay-Roe, RN, BSN, RN-NIC, LNC
- Sarah Schulze, MSN, APRN
- Hollie Dubroc, RN, BSN
- Shane Slone, DNP, AGACNP-BC, APRN, RN
- Molina Allen, MSN, RN, CCRN
- Michael York, MSN, RN
- Kayla M. Cavicchio, BSN, RN, CEN
- Maureen Sullivan-Tevault, RN, BSN, CEN, CDE
- Domestic Violence (Meets FL BON requirement)
- HIV/AIDS (Meets FL BON requirement)
- Florida Laws and Regulations (Meets FL BON requirement)
- Medical Errors Prevention (Meets FL BON requirement)
- Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace (Meets FL BON requirement)
- Human Trafficking (Meets FL BON requirement)
- Opioid Abuse
- Vaping Induced Lung Injuries
- LGBTQ Cultural Competence
- Following a DNR: An Ethical Dilemma in Nursing
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Flu Treatment, Symptoms, and Red Flags
- Nursing Documentation 101
- Drains: Everything you Need to Know
- Alzheimer’s Nursing Care
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the outlined topics in accordance with the requirements of the Florida Board of Nursing. It will take the average learner 1,620 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand different types of domestic violence and Florida’s mandatory reporting laws.
- Understand the Florida laws surrounding HIV & AIDS including required reporting, confidentiality, and protocols relating to HIV & AIDS.
- Understand the Florida Nurse Practice Act as it pertains to nursing practice.
- Recognize factors that impact the occurrence of medical errors and identify processes to improve patient outcomes.
- Understand behaviors and symptoms of substance abuse and how to recognize them in the workplace and understand the role of Florida IPN.
- Understand behaviors and symptoms of substance abuse and how to recognize them in the workplace.
- Understand how to recognize Opiate Use Disorder and what to do with patients who are high risk.
- Explain the role of the provider in educating patients on the harmful effects of vaping.
- Work within their own organization to begin enacting change to benefit LGBTQ patients.
- Understand the basic signs and symptoms, preventative actions, testing, and vaccines related to COVID-19.
- Identify barriers to effective communication and how to improve communication for successful patient and staff satisfaction outcomes.
- Identify signs and symptoms associated with seasonal influenza and understand the limitations of rapid influenza testing.
- Identify examples of proper and improper charting in everyday practice.
- Differentiate different types of drains and understand the indications and basic management of each type.
- Understand different strategies of caregiving related to Alzheimer’s disease and ways to manage various aspects of behavioral changes of a patient with Alzheimer’s.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Expires on: December 08, 2024
Course Offering: #127