2023 Michigan Renewal Bundle – Part 1
Contact Hours Awarded: 9
This Michigan License Renewal Bundle is broken down into 3 parts as per the requirement for Michigan Nurses which states: No more than 12 contact hours may be completed in a day.
This Part 1 features multiple interesting topics in one easy course and includes the required Implicit Bias, Human Trafficking, and Pain and Symptom Management courses. Upon completion of this Part 1 course, you will receive a certificate for 9 contact hours.
- Molina Allen, MSN, RN, CCRN
- Sarah Schulze, MSN, APRN
- Shane Slone, DNP, RN, APRN, AGACNP-BC
- Human Trafficking – 1 contact hour (Meets MI BON Requirement)
- Pain and Symptom Management – 2 contact hours (Meets MI BON Requirement)
- Implicit Bias Training – 2 contact hours (Meets MI BON Requirement)
- Infection Control and Barrier Precautions
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This course will require the average learner 450 minutes to complete and awards 9 contact hours of nursing continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Define types of human trafficking, trends, and statistics within the United States and the State of Michigan.
- State the federal and Michigan laws surrounding human trafficking and the obligations of healthcare workers to report and offer assistance.
- Understand implicit bias and explore their own subconscious or internal biases and opinions.
- Explain ways that implicit biases can negatively impact clients in minority groups.
- Identify contributing factors and consequences of the opioid crisis in the United States.
- Define pain, including pathophysiology, stages, types, and risk factors.
- Understand basic infection control practices and how to apply them.
- Understand sepsis and the core elements of sepsis treatment and recognition.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Created on: January 2, 2023
Course Expires on: January 2, 2026
Course Offering: #162