Contact Hours Awarded: 2
Author: Shane Slone, DNP, AGACNP-BC, APRN, RN
LGBTQ patients may experience healthcare disparities due to multiple factors, including lack of provider knowledge. In this course we will discuss how to deliver culturally-competent LGBTQ care.
- Best practices
- Establishing relationships with LGBTQ patients
- Health disparities experiences by LGBTQ patients
- Providing an inclusive and accepting environment
- References (Bibliography)
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss care of the LGBTQ patient It will take the average learner 120 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the disparities LGBTQ patient face within the healthcare system
- Explain some of the “best practices” related to LGBTQ care
- Be able to work within their own organization to begin enacting change to benefit LGBTQ patients
Registered Nurses (RN)
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for completion:
1.) Enrollment in the course by the learner
2.) Read and learn all course materials
3.) Complete the course evaluation
4.) Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations and approvals:
ANCC (Provider# P0614)
California BRN (Provider# 17418)
Kentucky Board of Nursing (Provider# 7-0090)
Course expiration date:
March 1, 2022
Conflict of interest statement:
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.