LGBTQ Cultural Competence
Contact Hours Awarded: 2
Author: Shane Slone
DNP, RN, APRN, AGACNP-BC
LGBTQ patients may experience healthcare disparities due to multiple factors, including lack of provider knowledge. In this course we will discuss how to deliver culturally-competent LGBTQ care.
- Best Practices
- Establishing Relationships with LGBTQ Patients
- Health Disparities Experienced by LGBTQ Patients
- Providing an Inclusive and Accepting Environment
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss culturally competent care for LGBTQ patients. It will take the average learner 120 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the disparities LGBTQ patient face within the healthcare system.
- Explain some of the “best practices” related to LGBTQ care.
- Be able to work within their own organization to begin enacting change to benefit LGBTQ patients.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course created on: August 23, 2020
Course Expires on: August 23, 2023
Course Offering: #30