Contact Hours Awarded: 2
Author: Harilal Nair, APRN
Florida requires that all nurses take a course on the statutes and regulations in Florida State, as it pertains to nursing. This course is designed to satisfy this requirement.
- Nursing Practice Acts
- Types of nurses
- License renewal in Florida
- Violations of practice acts
- Chapter 456 Health Professions and occupations general provisions
- Chapter 464: Regulations of professions and occupations
- Division 64B9: Board of Nursing
- References (Bibliography)
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss care of the Florida Nursing Practice Acts. It will take the average learner 120 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the laws governing Florida Nurses
- Understand where to find detailed information on Florida Nursing Practice laws and regulations
- Understand targeted Nursing Practice guidelines, such as chapter 456 and 464
Registered Nurses (RN)
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for completion:
1.) Enrollment in the course by the learner
2.) Read and learn all course materials
3.) Complete the course evaluation
4.) Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations and approvals:
ANCC (Provider# P0614)
California BRN (Provider# 17418)
Kentucky Board of Nursing (Provider# 7-0090)
Course expiration date:
September 1, 2022
Conflict of interest statement:
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.