Understanding the Value of Group Prenatal Care
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Ashley Kellish
DNP, RN, CCNS
Whether it is someone’s first or fourth child, pregnancy is a journey with each and every time. Questions are aplenty, and often pregnant moms only get a short time to spend with their providers each visit. They may forget their questions, be embarrassed to address issues, or just be overwhelmed and fail to ask all they had hoped to. In addition, the prenatal world is full of books, websites, unsolicited advice, and misinformation that can lead our patients down the wrong path at times. In order to provide holistic and fulfilling prenatal care as well as a built-in support system, centering group prenatal visits have been slowly introduced into healthcare. In an effort to share their success and grow support, this article will describe their benefits.
- Current Prenatal Statistics
- Case Study
- Centering in Detail
- Case Study
- Barriers to Centering
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the value of group prenatal care and its proven benefits to expecting mothers. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Outline current prenatal statistics relevant to care.
- Define centering prenatal group care.
- Provide opportunity to consider how centering prenatal group care can be expanded.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: July 15, 2024
Course Offering: #109