2021 Kentucky Renewal Bundle
Contact Hours Awarded: 14
This 2021 Kentucky License Renewal Bundle meets all renewal requirements for Kentucky LPNs and RNs. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion for 14 contact hours.
This course includes multiple interesting topics in one easy course.
- Sarah Schulze, MSN, APRN
- Hollie Dubroc, RN, BSN
- Shane Slone, DNP, AGACNP-BC, APRN, RN
- Kayla M. Cavicchio, BSN, RN, CEN
- Mary Sweeney, BSN, RN, CEN, ONN-CG (T)
- Esther Van Baren, MSN, RN
- Lauren Stephanoff, BSN, RN
- Cathleen Adams, MBA, RN, CENP
- Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma – Kentucky
- Opioid Abuse
- LGBTQ Cultural Competence
- Coronavirus: Nursing Considerations
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Nursing Ethics
- Ensuring Patient Confidentiality in Nursing
- A Nurse’s Guide: How to Deal with Difficult Patients
- How to Reduce New Nurse Turnover
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the outlined topics in accordance with the requirements of the Kentucky Board of Nursing. It will take the average learner 840 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify risk factors and common mechanisms of injury for pediatric abusive head trauma.
- Understand how to recognize Opiate Use Disorder and what to do with patients who are high risk.
- Work within their own organization to begin enacting change to benefit LGBTQ patients.
- Understand the basic signs and symptoms, preventative actions, testing, and vaccines related to COVID-19.
- Identify barriers to effective communication and how to improve communication for successful patient and staff satisfaction outcomes.
- Understand how nursing ethics apply to individual, daily practice.
- Understand best practices for maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Identify and practice the skills necessary in providing care to patients when they become angry.
- Understand the rate of new nurse turnover and the impact it has on the field of nursing.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Expires on: August 25, 2024
Course Offering: #122