2021 Michigan Renewal Bundle
Contact Hours Awarded: 25.5
This 2021 Michigan License Renewal Bundle meets all renewal requirements for Michigan LPNs and RNs. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion for 25.5 contact hours.
This course features multiple interesting topics in one easy course and includes the required Human Trafficking and Pain and Symptom Management Courses.
- Morgan Curry, RN, BSN
- Jillian Hay-Roe, RN, BSN, RN-NIC, LNC
- Sarah Schulze, MSN, APRN
- Hollie Dubroc, RN, BSN
- Shane Slone, DNP, AGACNP-BC, APRN, RN
- Kayla M. Cavicchio, BSN, RN, CEN
- Mary Sweeney, BSN, RN, CEN, ONN-CG (T)
- Madeira Fountaine, RN, MSN, PHN
- Tanya Kidd, RN, MHS, MHA, MSN, CNS
- Esther Van Baren, MSN, RN
- Lauren Stephanoff, BSN, RN
- Cathleen Adams, MBA, RN, CENP
- Molina Allen, MSN, RN, CCRN
- Human Trafficking – Michigan
- Michigan Pain and Symptom Management for Nurses
- Opioid Abuse
- Vaping Induced Lung Injuries
- LGBTQ Cultural Competence
- Coronavirus: Nursing Considerations
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Flu Treatment, Symptoms, and Red Flags
- Nursing Documentation 101
- End of Life Process
- Alzheimer’s Nursing Care
- PTSD in Nursing
- Nursing Ethics
- Ensuring Patient Confidentiality in Nursing
- A Nurse’s Guide: How to Deal with Difficult Patients
- How to Reduce New Nurse Turnover
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course. we will discuss the outlined topics in accordance with the requirements of the Michigan Board of Nursing. It will require the average learner 1,530 minutes to complete and awards 20 contact hours of nursing continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- State the federal and Michigan laws surrounding human trafficking and the obligations of healthcare workers to report and offer assistance.
- Recognize multimodal pain treatment options including pharmacological, non-pharmacological and behavioral modification options.
- Understand how to recognize Opiate Use Disorder and what to do with patients who are high risk.
- Explain the role of the provider in educating patients on the harmful effects of vaping.
- Work within their own organization to begin enacting change to benefit LGBTQ patients.
- Understand the basic signs and symptoms, preventative actions, testing, and vaccines related to COVID-19.
- Identify barriers to effective communication and how to improve communication for successful patient and staff satisfaction outcomes.
- Identify signs and symptoms associated with seasonal influenza and understand the limitations of rapid influenza testing.
- Identify examples of proper and improper charting in everyday practice.
- Identify the phases of dying.
- Understand different strategies of caregiving related to Alzheimer’s disease and ways to manage various aspects of behavioral changes of a patient with Alzheimer’s.
- Identify signs and symptoms of PTSD in nurses.
- Understand how nursing ethics apply to individual, daily practice.
- Understand best practices for maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Identify and practice the skills necessary in providing care to patients when they become angry.
- Understand the rate of new nurse turnover and the impact it has on the field of nursing.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Expires on: October 05, 2024
Course Offering: #125