2022 Pennsylvania Renewal Bundle
Contact Hours Awarded: 28
Author: Multiple Authors
In this course, we will cover the variety of nursing topics listed in the course outline below. This course fulfills 28 contact hours of the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing’s required 30 hours for license renewal. Upon completion of this single module, you will receive a certificate for 28 contact hours.
Please note that this course does NOT include the child abuse recognition and reporting course that is required for license renewal.
- The State of the Nursing Profession
- Nursing Documentation 101
- Flu Treatment, Symptoms, and Red Flags
- Childhood Asthma Treatment and Prevention
- Nursing Interventions for Sepsis: Fluid Management
- Chest Tubes Nursing Care
- Drains: Everything You Need to Know
- Transaortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) Nursing Care
- Liver Transplant Nursing Care
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Alzheimer’s Nursing Care
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss several major and interesting topics relevant to the nursing profession. It will take the average learner 1,680 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- List and discuss three issues faced by modern day nurses.
- List three best practices and three practices to avoid for proper nursing documentation.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of seasonal influenza infection, including red flags which indicate serious infections.
- Understand the importance of patient education and proper vaccination in the prevention of spread of the measles virus.
- Identify the basics of diagnosis and treatment of asthma in children.
- Identify the importance of fluid resuscitation in sepsis and list three measurements or end-goals that may be utilized to guide fluid resuscitation.
- Identify the proper care and monitoring required for patients with chest tubes, including basic troubleshooting for chest tubes.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Expires on: March 03, 2025
Course Offering: #141