2022 Texas Renewal Bundle
Contact Hours Awarded: 20
Author: Multiple Authors
This 2022 Texas License Renewal Bundle meets renewal requirements for Texas LPNs and RNs. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion for 20 CNE contact hours.
This course is accredited and approved by American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (Provider Number: P0614) and includes multiple interesting topics in one easy course.
The Texas Human Trafficking Requirement is not met by this bundle.
The Texas Health and Human Services provides a Board-Approved Human Trafficking course free of charge. This course can be found here.
- Texas Nursing Jurisprudence and Ethics (Meets TX BON Requirement)
- Texas Nursing Forensics (Meets TX BON Requirement)
- End of Life Care for Geriatric Patients (Meets TX BON Requirement)
- Alzheimer’s Nursing Care
- Nursing Care for Pediatric Patients by Stage of Development
- Opioid Abuse
- Vaping Induced Lung Injuries
- LGBTQ Cultural competence
- Coronavirus: Nursing Considerations
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Nursing Documentation 101
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the outlined topics in accordance with the requirements of the Texas Board of Nursing. It will take the average learner 1,200 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the information related to the Nursing Practice Act of Texas.
- Understand sexual assault as a public health problem and its impact on the state of Texas.
- Distinguish between and describe the types of end-of-life care.
- Understand different strategies of caregiving related to Alzheimer’s disease and ways to manage various aspects of behavioral changes of a patient with Alzheimer’s.
- Identify age-appropriate interventions used to facilitate medical and nursing care in pediatric patients.
- Understand how to recognize Opiate Use Disorder and what to do with patients who are at high-risk.
- Explain the role of the provider in educating patients on the harmful effects of vaping.
- Work within their own organization to begin enacting change to benefit LGBTQ patients.
- Recognize ethical dilemmas associated with a DNR order.
- Identify barriers to effective communication and how to improve communication for successful patient and staff satisfaction outcomes.
- Identify examples of proper and improper charting in everyday practice.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Expires on: January 11, 2025
Course Offering: #132