2023 Ohio Renewal Bundle
Contact Hours Awarded: 24
This 2023 Ohio License Renewal Bundle meets all renewal requirements for Ohio LPNs and RNs. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion for 24 contact hours.
This course includes multiple interesting topics in one easy course, including the Category A Ohio Nurse Practice Act course. Per the Ohio Board of Nursing’s continuing education requirements, all Ohio nurses are required to pass a test with a score of 80% or higher to receive their certificate.
- Sarah Schulze, MSN, APRN
- Keith Wemple, BSN, RN, CCRN-CMC
- Hollie Dubroc, RN, BSN
- Kayla Cavicchio, BSN, RN, CEN, TNCC
- Jillian Hay-Roe, RN, BSN, RN-NIC, LNC
- Madeira Fountaine, RN, MSN, PHN
- Mary Sweeney, BSN, RN, CEN, ONN-CG (T)
- Michael York, MSN, RN
- Daphne Day, MSN, RN
- Molina Allen, MSN, RN, CCRN
- Meghan Jenkins, MSN, APRN
- Janice Tazbir, RN, MS, CS, CCRN, CNE, RYT
- Lauren Stephanoff, RN, BSN
- Ohio Nurse Practice Act – Category A (Meets Ohio BON Requirement)
- Key Concepts of Critical Thinking in Nursing
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Ensuring Patient Confidentiality in Nursing
- Nursing Documentation 101
- End of Life Process
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Following a DNR: An Ethical Dilemma in Nursing
- Screening for Suicide Risk Factors in Pediatrics
- Human Trafficking
- Pain Management in Nursing
- Drains: Everything you need to know
- Administration of Blood Products
- A Nurse’s Guide: How to Deal with Difficult Patients
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This course will require the average learner 1,200 minutes to complete and awards 24 contact hours of nursing continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Understand the definition and roles of the Ohio Board of Nursing and the Ohio Administrative Code.
- Identify the key characteristics of critical thinking in nursing.
- Describe the differences between listening and active listening when receiving verbal communication.
- Identify two methods of de-identifying a patient.
- Identify examples of proper and improper charting in everyday practice.
- Understand the end-of-life process and how this applies to my role as a nurse or caregiver.
- Explain what a DNR is and what it is not.
- Identify what constitutes sexual harassment.
100% of participants will pass a post test demonstrating knowledge of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act with a score of 80% or higher.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Created on: January 1, 2023
Course Expires on: January 1, 2026
Course Offering: #160