2023 Texas Renewal Bundle
Contact Hours Awarded: 20
This Texas License Renewal Bundle meets the Continuing Nursing Education renewal requirements for Texas LVNs and RNs and is accepted for APRNs as well. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion for 20 contact hours of CNE.
This course is accredited and approved by American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (Provider Number: P0614) and includes multiple interesting topics in one easy course.
The Texas Human Trafficking Requirement is NOT met by this bundle.
The Texas Health and Human Services provides a Board-Approved Human Trafficking course free of charge. This course can be found here.
- Kathy Woodard, MSN, MBA/HCM, CARN, CLNC, RN
- Elaine Enright BSN, RN
- Keith Wemple, BSN, RN, CCRN-CMC
- Mary Sweeney, BSN, RN, CEN, ONN-CG (T)
- Hollie Dubroc, RN, BSN
- Kayla Cavicchio, BSN, RN, CEN, TNCC
- Jillian Hay-Roe, RN, BSN, RN-NIC, LNC
- Esther Van Baren, MSN, RN
- Shane Slone, DNP, RN, APRN, AGACNP-BC
- Texas Nursing Jurisprudence and Ethics (Meets TX BON Requirement)
- Texas Nursing Forensics (Meets TX BON Requirement)
- End of Life Care for Geriatric Patients (Meets TX BON Requirement)
- Key Concepts of Critical Thinking in Nursing
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Ensuring Patient Confidentiality in Nursing
- Nursing Documentation 101
- Nursing Ethics
- Infection Control and Barrier Precautions
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This course will require the average learner 1,000 minutes to complete and awards 20 contact hours of nursing continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Understand the information related to the Nursing Practice Act of Texas.
- Understand sexual assault as a public health problem and its impact on the state of Texas.
- Distinguish between and describe the types of end-of-life care.
- Identify the key characteristics of critical thinking in nursing.
- Describe the differences between listening and active listening when receiving verbal communication.
- Identify two methods of de-identifying a patient.
- Identify examples of proper and improper charting in everyday practice.
- Develop care plans that strictly follow the ANA Code of Ethics.
- Understand basic infection control practices and how to apply them.
- Describe coping mechanisms for individuals struggling with PTSD.
- Understand the end-of-life process and how this applies to my role as a nurse or caregiver.
- Explain what a DNR is and what it is not.
- Identify what constitutes sexual harassment.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Created on: January 1, 2023
Course Expires on: January 1, 2026
Course Offering: #158