Ethics for the Telehealth Nurse
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Marian Oliver
MSN, BSN, RNC, CMC
With the increasing utilization of telehealth in the healthcare industry, it is vital that nurses become aware of the ethical principles involved in this hands-off, virtual approach to providing patient care. This course provides basic, ongoing, and applicable knowledge of nursing ethics to improve patient outcomes specifically for a telehealth nurse. All nurses are responsible for being familiar with the American Nurses Association’s (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses no matter the specialty they are in. The information offered in this course is being given as a guideline and does not replace the laws governing nursing practice.
- Nursing Practice for the Telehealth Nurse
- Code of Ethics for Nurses
- ANA Principles for Telehealth Nursing
- The Nursing Code of Ethics
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss ethics for the telehealth nurse. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the ANA scope and standards for the telehealth nurse.
- Understand the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses as it applies to telehealth nursing.
- Describe the role of the telehealth nurse in adhering to ethics in patient care.
- Differentiate between ethical and unethical behavior when conducting telehealth nursing interactions and interventions.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Expires on: June 16, 2024
Course Offering: #88