Contact Hours Awarded: 1
Author: Morgan Curry
This fulfills the continuing education requirement of HIV/AIDS for the state of Florida.
An estimated 1.2 million Americans are living with HIV. As many as 1 in 7 of them do not even know they are infected. The others utilize the healthcare system in a variety of ways, from testing and treatment regimens to hospitalizations for symptoms and opportunistic infections. Healthcare professionals in nearly every setting have the potential to encounter patients with HIV as the disease can affect patients of any age or stage of life (4). Proper understanding of HIV is important in order to provide high-quality and holistic care to these patients. For nurses practicing in the state of Florida, it is also important to understand the laws, statutes, and regulations regarding testing, treatment, reporting, and confidentiality related to HIV and AIDS within the state.
- Reducing Transmission & Infection Control
- Florida Law on HIV/AIDS
- Voluntary Partner Notification
- HIV Infection Reporting
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the transmission, treatment, and Florida laws surrounding HIV and AIDS. It will take the average learner 60 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Have an increased understanding of the history of HIV & AIDS.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how a person is infected with HIV and the various stages of the disease.
- Demonstrate understanding of transmission modalities and appropriate infection control measures.
- Have a basic knowledge of treatment approaches, common side effects, and barriers to proper treatment.
- Have an understanding of the Florida Law surrounding HIV & AIDS along with required reporting, confidentiality, and protocols relating to HIV & AIDS.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Created on: March 09, 2021
Course Expires on: March 09, 2024
Course Offering: #17