How Nursing Leadership and Management Can Improve Staff Engagement
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Brian Rogers
RN, BSc, BSN, DHA, CCRN
Staff who do not feel part of an organization are more likely to leave in search for one that makes them feel valuable. Employee engagement is one tool; however, organization engagement is necessary. This course for nursing leadership and management will outline ways that they can improve their staff engagement in a healthcare facility.
- Case Study
- Do You Feel Engaged?
- Utilizing Engagement through Nursing Leadership and Management
- Incorporating Engagement of Night Shift and Weekend Staff
- Peer-to Peer-Engagement
- Case Study (cont.)
- Ways to Improve Morale through Engagement
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss how those in nursing leadership and management can work to improve organization-wide staff engagement. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- List the managerial skills needed to be engaged.
- Describe the attributes of an engaged employee.
- List the tools to engage both weekend and night shift staff.
- Describe ways to improve morale through engagement from a nursing leadership and management role.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Expires on: June 11, 2024
Course Offering: #87