How to Succeed in Nursing Management
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Cathleen Adams
MBA, RN, CENP
Changes in the healthcare system, such as value-based payment models which favor outcomes over volumes, along with increasing technological, quality, and patient demands, require a clinically expert nurse leader. To retain and recruit nurses in a diminishing workforce, and achieve the outcomes expected in today’s healthcare environment, a transformational leadership approach is recommended as a solution. Nurse managers will experience multiple challenges and will need to employ continuous education as well as obtain multiple venues of support to be successful.
- A Need for Quality Nursing Management and Leadership
- Competencies of Successful Nursing Management
- Challenges of Nursing Management and Leadership
- Transformational Leadership
- Making the Transition
- When Should I See Results?
- Tools for Support and Development
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss how play an integral role in nursing management. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Understand how changes in the healthcare environment have impacted nursing.
- Understand transformational leadership styles and its effect on retention and clinical outcomes.
- Explain the characteristics and competencies of a successful nurse manager and how to seek support in a nurse manager position.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: June 28, 2024
Course Offering: #99