Kentucky Suicide Prevention
Contact Hours Awarded: 2
Author: Daphne Day
Suicide risks among nurses is a public health concern. The first and most profound way to address the troubling rates of suicide among nurses is to employ suicide prevention. For that matter, mandatory training, resources, and the establishment of policies and procedures are crucial within the operation of organizations. All healthcare providers are responsible for identifying and addressing situations which warrant intervention.
- The Significance of Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Risk Factors Amongst the Nursing Population
- Strategies to Address Suicide Risks
- Additional Interventions and Protective Factors to Reduce Suicide Rates
- Ethical and Legal Considerations Regarding Care for Suicidal Individuals
- Case Study
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss suicide prevention in healthcare. It will take the average learner 120 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Address the significance of suicide prevention.
- Highlight suicide risk factors amongst the nursing population.
- Identify strategies to address suicide risks.
- Recognize additional interventions and protective factors to reduce suicide rates.
- Underscore ethical and legal considerations regarding care for suicidal individuals.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: July 14, 2025
Course Offering: #145