Key Concepts of Critical Thinking in Nursing
Contact Hours Awarded: 2
Author: Keith Wemple
BSN, RN, CCRN-CMC
How many times did you hear the phrase “critical thinking” in your training to become a nurse? I must have heard it a thousand times, and I still don’t think I ever had a clear definition of it in my mind. What exactly is critical thinking? In this course, we will answer those questions and provide insight into how you can teach critical thinking. Also included are some self-guided exercises to practice critical thinking skills. After all this, you will be ranting about the vital importance of critical thinking, too.
- What is Critical Thinking?
- Why is Critical Thinking Important?
- Critical Thinking Education
- Strategies to Promote Critical Thinking
- Critical Thinking Exercises
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the importance of utilizing critical thinking in nursing. It will take the average learner 120 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Identify the key characteristics of critical thinking.
- Explain the importance of critical thinking to nursing practice.
- Articulate factors that impact the learning of critical thinking.
- Identify strategies for teaching critical thinking.
- Identify individual exercises for improving critical thinking.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: June 18, 2024
Course Offering: #91