Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Caitlin Goodwin
MSN, CNM, RN
Measles (Rubeola) is an infectious virus that affects predominantly children. It can have affect many systems leading to life-threatening pneumonia and/or encephalitis. Many healthcare practitioners are inexperienced the disease as it was rare in the U.S. prior to the current anti-vaccination movement. In this course we will discuss the diagnosis and treatment of Measles. We will discuss strategies used to educate families so that they may make an educated vaccination decision.
- The History of Measles
- Enter the Measles Vaccine
- Signs and Symptoms of Measles
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Measles Spread
- Parent Education and Shared Decision Making
- The Anti-Vaccination Movement and Public Health Implications
- Recent News
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the diagnosis and treatment of Measles, along with education strategies. It will take the average learner 75 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe how to recognize, diagnose, and treat measles.
- Identify factors that prevent the spread of a measles epidemic.
- Examine strategies that healthcare workers can use to educate patients.
- Discuss the concerns surrounding the anti-vaccination movement and public health implications.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Created on: March 01, 2019
Course Expires on: March 1, 2022
Course Offering: #5