Nevada Cultural Competence in Nursing (DEI Requirement)
Contact Hours Awarded: 4
Each patient is a unique individual, but there are some characteristics such as race, gender, age, sexual orientation, or disability that can create gaps in the availability, distribution, and quality of healthcare delivered. These gaps can create lasting negative impacts on patients mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally and even lead to poorer outcomes than patients not within a special population.
Modern healthcare professionals have a responsibility to learn to identify risks, provide sensitive and inclusive care, and advocate for equity in much the same way that they have a responsibility to learn how the human body, medications, or hospital equipment works. Fluency in health equity must now be a healthcare standard.
The purpose of this course is to outline and explore the most common or serious of healthcare disparities, address ways in which healthcare delivery needs to be adjusted, and start the conversations needed to create a new generation of healthcare that will close these gaps.
- Health Disparities
- Implicit Bias
- Race and Ethnicity
- Gender and Sex
- Mental Illness/Disability
- Post Test
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course, we will discuss Cultural Competence in Nursing. It will take the average learner 240 minutes to complete and awards 4 contact hours of continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate a 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Discuss implicit bias and its impact on healthcare.
- Identify ways that people of minority groups experience healthcare differently than other patients.
- Understand the history of mental health care for women, how it has changed in the last 100 years, and how this may still affect medical care for women today.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: October 09, 2026
Course Offering: #192