New York State Infection Control Training for Nurses
Contact Hours Awarded: 4
Author: Shane Slone
DNP, RN, APRN, AGACNP-BC
This New York Infection Control training for Nurses course is designed to meet the educational standards for RNs, LVNs, and APRNs in the state of New York for the New York Infection Control and Barrier Prevention requirements.
- Element I
- Element II
- Element III
- Element IV
- Element V
- Element VI
- Element VII
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss New York Infection Control training for Nurses. It will take the average learner 240 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand core principles of infection control, as defined in elements I-VII by the New York Education Department.
- Understand basic infection control practices and how to apply them.
- Understand sepsis and the core elements of sepsis treatment and recognition.
- Feel confident that this New York Infection Control training for Nurses will prepare them for real-world experiences.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course created on: November 01, 2020
Course Expires on: November 01, 2023
Course Offering: #32