Texas Nursing Jurisprudence and Ethics
Contact Hours Awarded: 2
Author: Kathy Woodard
MSN, MBA/HCM, CARN, CLNC, RN
The purpose of this course is to review nursing ethics and jurisprudence specifically as these relate to Texas state nursing practice and law. Each state nursing board works to promote the safety and welfare of clients in their state by ensuring nurses are competent to practice nursing safely.
This course meets the continuing education requirement mandated by the state of Texas on Nursing Jurisprudence and Nursing Ethics.
- Texas Nursing Practice Act – Overview
- Texas Board Rules (including Standards of Nursing Practice)
- Principles of Nursing Ethics
- Professional Boundaries
- Unprofessional Conduct
- Provision of the Code of Ethics for Nurses
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This course will cover Texas nursing jurisprudence and ethics. This course will take the average learner 120 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the information related to the Nursing Practice Act of Texas.
- Understand the Boards rules regarding the Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Have broad knowledge related to the Board of Nursing’s position statements.
- Understand the principles of Nursing Ethics.
- Understand professional boundaries related to nursing.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Publish Date: April 14, 2021
Course Expires on: April 14, 2024
Course Offering: #25