Ohio APRN Renewal Bundle
Contact Hours Awarded: 24, including 8.75 pharmacological contact hours
In this course we will cover a variety of nursing topics which are listed in the course outline below. This course is appropriate for APRNs. Upon completion of this single module you will receive a certificate for 24 contact hours, including 12 pharmacology contact hours.
- Jillian Hay-Roe, RN, BSN, RN-NIC, LNC
- Cathleen Adams, CNO, RN CENP
- Amy White, CNO, PRN
- Maureen Sullivan-Tevault MS, BSN, RN, CEN, CDE
- Sarah Schulze, MSN, NP
- Marian Oliver, BSN, RNC, CMC, PMH-BC
- Morgan Curry, BSN, RN
- Atana Collins, MSN, RN, CDN
- Esther Van Baren, MSN, RN
- Nicole Galan, MSN, RN
- Joanne Kuplicki, BSN, RN
In Part 1
- Safe Prescribing of Opioid Drugs
- Controlled Substances
- Tirzepatide for Type 2 Diabetes and Weight Management
- Semaglutide and Type 2 Diabetes
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
In Part 2
- Ethics for the Telehealth Nurse
- One Hour Sepsis Bundle
- Renal Failure Stages, Treatment, & Outcomes
- Managing Conflict in a Nurse Leader Role
- Nursing Interventions for Acute Pain Management
- A-fib & Stroke Risk
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This course will require the average learner 1,200 minutes to complete and awards 24 contact hours of nursing continuing education, including 12 pharmacology contact hours.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Describe factors when prescribing opioids, their indications, and their effects.
- Describe commonly prescribed opioids for pain management and understand their side effects and indications of use.
- Analyze the indications of usage for tirzepatide in diabetes and weight loss management.
- Describe the action of non-insulin injectable diabetes medication semaglutide.
- Understand a nurse’s role in caring for patients receiving medication-assisted treatment.
- Understand the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses as it applies to telehealth nursing.
- Discuss the different treatment options available for people diagnosed with end-stage renal disease.
- Understand the importance and time-sensitive nature of sepsis care.
- Identify two reasons why learning about conflict management is important when fulfilling a nurse leader role.
- Discuss non-pharmacological and pharmacological methods of treating and managing acute pain.
- Recognize the risk of stroke in those with atrial fibrillation.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Created on: September 01, 2023
Course Expires on: September 01, 2026
Course Offering: #185