Ohio Nurse Practice Act
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Sarah Schulze
MSN, APRN, CPNP
This fulfills the continuing education requirement of 1.5 contact hours relating the Ohio Nurse Practice Act for the state of Ohio.
Modern nursing has been standardized nationwide in the way that nurses are educated and the standards they are held to when performing their jobs. While the minimum proficiency exam, the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX), is used to determine who qualifies to be a nurse, each state has its own Nurse Practice Act that oversees the nurses of that state and sets ensures the standards for safe and skilled care are being followed. This course will cover the Ohio Nurse Practice Act in detail to best prepare Ohio nurses to provide the best care possible.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Ohio Administrative Code and Board of Nursing
- Scopes of Practice and Application of Nursing Process
– RN Scope of Practice
– RN Application of Nursing Process
– LPN Scope of Practice
– LPN Application of Nursing Process
- Case Study
- Standards of Competency
- Standards for Promoting Patient Safety
- References and Disclaimer
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91).
In this course we will cover the Ohio Nurse Practice Act including a the major scopes of practice, standards of competency, and standards of promoting patient safety under the Ohio Administrative Code specifically for RNs and LPNs. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Understand the definition and roles of the Ohio Board of Nursing and the Ohio Administrative Code.
- Recognize differences between scopes of practice and nursing process for RNs and LPNs.
- Understand basic concepts included in Standards of Competency for nurses.
- Understand standards of care required to maximize patient safety.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner.
- Read and learn all course materials.
- Complete the course evaluation.
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials.
This course includes a post-test for learners to demonstrate their knowledge of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act. Learners will need to pass with a score of 80% or higher in order to receive their certificate.
No one with the ability to control content of this activity has a relevant financial relationship with an ineligible company.
This continuing education activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an Ohio Board of Nursing approver. (OBN-001-91)
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
- Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: April 06, 2024
Course Offering: #51