Contact Hours Awarded: 1
Author: Abbie Schmitt
This course will provide learners with a comprehensive overview of ostomy management. Managing an ostomy can be a little scary if you’ve never done it. With so many different types of ostomy surgeries and stomas, it’s important to understand the key basic principles of proper care and have knowledge of the complications that can occur.
- Types of Ostomies
- Indication for Ostomy Placement
- Site Selection
- Post-operative Care
- Stoma Care
- Patient Education
- Promotion of Body Image and Self-Esteem
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course, we will discuss Ostomy Management. It will take the average learner 60 minutes to complete and awards 1 contact hours of continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate a 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Understand the different types of ostomies and their care techniques.
- Describe the process of site selection and identify complications of ostomies.
- Understand the importance of patient education prior to and following the ostomy procedure.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: October 26, 2026
Course Offering: #196