Patient Education Strategies
Contact Hours Awarded: 1
Author: Karson Carter
BSN, RN, CPN
This course breaks down the components of how to effectively educate your patients in your role as a nurse. This content is not meant to replace how you are currently educating your patients but rather to complement what you are already practicing. Since education is an important aspect in all areas of nursing this course can be useful in any specialty.
- Definition – Patient Education
- Role of Nursing
- Learning Styles
- Teaching Strategies
- Evaluating Effectiveness
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course, we will discuss Patient Education Strategies. It will take the average learner 60 minutes to complete and awards 1 contact hours of continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate a 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Implement patient education taking into consideration different learning styles and individual preferences.
- Describe strategies to prevent barriers to education.
- List methods to evaluate the effectiveness of the education provided.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: November 14, 2026
Course Offering: #200