Postpartum Hemorrhage Management and Care
Contact Hours Awarded: 2
Author: Hollie Dubroc
Postpartum hemorrhage is the leading cause of maternal death, and the United States currently has a startling hemorrhage rate that’s responsible for 12% of maternal deaths (3). Along with accurate recognition and assessments, proper postpartum hemorrhage management, treatment, and education can actively work toward reducing the risk of maternal deaths from hemorrhages.
- Introduction to Postpartum Management
- Pathophysiology of Postpartum Hemorrhages
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss postpartum hemorrhage management, treatment, education, and care. It will take the average learner 120 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Define postpartum hemorrhage risk factors on admission, pre-birth, and post-birth.
- Identify and categorize hemorrhages.
- Describe appropriate treatment measures for hemorrhage with hemorrhage category.
- Explain crucial documentation to promote continuity of patient care.
- Define patient education to establish patient safety.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: July 09, 2024
Course Offering: #106