Pressure Ulcer Prevention in the OR
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Susan Schwartz
Hospitals today are currently evaluated by the number of pressure ulcers arising when patients are admitted to the healthcare facility. The Operating Room (OR) is a huge component of this potential health hazard caused by patients being in the same position for more than one hour at a time. Pressure ulcer prevention is paramount to patient care (1).
- Common Causes of Pressure Ulcers in the OR
- Signs and Symptoms of Pressure Ulcers
- Four Stages of Pressure Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcer Prevention in the OR: Effective Methods
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss pressure ulcer prevention for pre- and postoperative patients. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Recognize common causes of pressure ulcers in the OR.
- State signs and symptoms of pressure ulcers in the OR.
- Describe the four classifications of pressure ulcers.
- State effective ways to prevent pressure ulcers in the OR.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: May 28, 2024
Course Offering: #77