Preventing Medical Errors
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
MSN RN CCM DPM
There are different types of medical errors and understanding how they occur can be complicated. They can be attributed to human error, mislabeled medications, a flaw in a process, computer issues, and the list goes on. Medical errors can have very serious or fatal consequences and can be very costly for organizations. Nurses are often the ones preventing errors from happening. So how do we continue to empower nurses to maintain patient safety? This course will explain everything nurses need to know about why medical errors occur and how they can help prevent them in their workplace.
- Statistical Evidence
- Impact of Medical Errors
- Types of Medical Errors
- Preventing Medical Errors
- Current Research
- Bedside Strategies
- Organizational Strategies
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course, we will discuss Preventing Medical Errors. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete and awards 1.5 contact hours of continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate a 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different types and causes of medical errors.
- List the strategies and best practices aimed at preventing medical errors in healthcare settings.
- Describe the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain patient safety.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: October 31, 2026
Course Offering: #199