Providing Quality Care as a Home Health Care Nurse
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Cathleen Adams
MBA, RN, CENP
Nurses working at hospitals are experiencing high turnover, short staffing, and low morale. The higher demand for home health care nurses comes at an opportune time for both the nurses and home health care agencies. New remote and in-home care service agencies will benefit significantly from the experience of hospice and home care providers, and there has never been a better time to consider your options in nursing.
- Home as a Place of Practice
- Goals for the Home Health Care Nurse
- Education and Staying Ahead of the Disease Process
- Setting Boundaries as a Home Health Care Nurse
- Medication Management
- Tips for the Road
- Tools for a Home Health Care Nurse
- Patient and Family Satisfaction
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the basics of delivering the best possible care as a home health care nurse. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the differences in the approach to nursing in the home versus the hospital.
- Explain the importance of and steps for a thorough medication reconciliation.
- Name the tools needed for nursing care in the home.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Expires on: July 15, 2024
Course Offering: #107