Florida Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace
Contact Hours Awarded: 2
Author: Morgan Curry
This fulfills the continuing education requirement of 2 contact hours on Recognizing Impairment in the workplace for the state of Florida.
Substance use disorder, addiction, drug diversion, and other related impairment processes present a threat to the health and safety of those around them. Increasing in concern are overdoses and deaths that are on the rise due to substance abuse and addiction. Early identification of the signs and symptoms of a substance abuse disorder in the workplace contributes to reducing the risk and harm to patients and other healthcare team members. Co-workers play a crucial role in recognizing and reporting suspicious behaviors to their supervisors or appropriate personnel.
- Acknowledging the Problem
- Impairment Behaviors in the Workplace
- Consequences of Drug Diversion and Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Florida Rules and Regulations
- Reporting and Intervention
- Return to Practice
- Considerations on Relapse
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss how to recognize impairment in the workplace. It will take the average learner 120 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand and define the difference between substance abuse, addiction, drug diversion, and impairment.
- Understand behaviors and symptoms of substance abuse and how to recognize them in the workplace.
- Understand the consequences of all parties involved related to impairment in the workplace.
- Understand the role of IPN in the state of Florida.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course created on: February 02, 2021
Course Expires on: February 02, 2024
Course Offering: #20