Screening for Suicide Risk Factors in Pediatrics
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Daphne Day
Pediatric patients can be impacted by mental health problems such as depression and stress, and their abilities to cope with those problems can be challenging. Unfortunately, the pediatric population is not exempt from detrimental situations such as suicide. In that regard, it is important to include screenings for suicide risk factors in pediatrics throughout clinical practices to assess suicide risk, and to implement strategies that can potentially prevent suicide attempts or successful acts from occurring. As clinicians, we must all assume responsibility for conducting screenings for suicide risk factors that can assist in recognizing behaviors of concern that indicate the need for interventions.
- The Significance of Screening Tools for Suicide Risk Factors in Pediatrics
- Suicide Risk Factors in Pediatric Populations
- Signs & Symptoms Associated with Suicide
- Interventions for Concerns Related to Suicide Risk Factors
- Management of the Suicidal Patient
- Case Study
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the importance of screenings for suicide risk factors in pediatrics. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Identify appropriate screening tools for pediatric patients.
- Recognize suicide risk factors, based criterion provided via assessments and tools.
- Determine appropriate interventions related to screening results and recommendations.
- Analyze appropriate methods for initiating referrals.
- Choose referrals relevant to individualized cases and reflective of evidence-based practices.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: may 13, 2024
Course Offering: #66