The One Hour Sepsis Bundle: How to Act in 60 Minutes
Contact Hours Awarded: 2
Author: Chelsea McCracken
Sepsis is now the # 1 killer of hospitalized patients in America. Worldwide it is the # 1 cause of pediatric deaths, especially in developing countries. Strategies to reduce mortality have been successful in decreasing mortality and the Surviving Sepsis Campaign has been at the forefront of the war against sepsis. In 2018 the Surviving Sepsis Campaign changed the goal timeframe for initiating interventions from 3/6 hours to 1 hour. In this module we will discuss the new bundle and strategies to reduce treatment time and ensure standardization.
- Sepsis: Introduction
- Diagnostic Approach to Sepsis
- A Word on Sepsis Shock
- What Is a “Bundle,” and Why Are They Used?
- Hour-1 Bundle Components and Strategies to Expedite Care
- Code Sepsis?
- Sepsis as a Medical Emergency
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the new one-hour sepsis bundle and strategies used to reduce treatment time and increase efficiency. It will require the average learner 100 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the importance and time-sensitive nature of sepsis care.
- Identify what measures fall under the new 1-hour bundle.
- Describe strategies to help ensure that the 1 hour is met.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
COURSE CREATED ON: March 01, 2019
Course Expires on: March 01, 2022
Course Offering: #7