Tirzepatide for Type 2 Diabetes and Weight Management
Contact Hours Awarded: 1 , including 1 pharmacology contact hour
Author: Amy White
In this course, APRNs will learn about the GIP GLP-1 medication tirzepatide, or its more commonly known name, Mounjaro. As with Semaglutide, the popularity of this medication has grown in recent years due to its impact on weight loss. Providers need to be aware of the clinical indications for usage, its mechanism of action, and inclusion criteria before prescribing.
- Drug Classification
- Indications of Usage
– Type 2 Diabetes
– Weight Loss Management
- Side Effects and Contraindications
- Safe Prescribing
- Alternatives for Weight Loss Management
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course, we will discuss the various types of substance abuse and the signs and symptoms of each. It will take the average learner 60 minutes to complete and awards 1 contact hour of continuing education, including 1 pharmacological contact hour.
After completing this course, the learner will rate a 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Understand the drug classification of tirzepatide
- Analyze the indications of usage for tirzepatide in diabetes and weight loss management.
- Explain safe prescribing practices for this medication and important considerations.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: September 01, 2026
Course Offering: #181