Understanding the Types of Anemia
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Ashley Kellish
DNP, RN, CCNS
Anemia remains a common and complex diagnosis in the healthcare setting. From relative anemias subsequent to fluid overload or dehydration, to true anemia secondary to illness or related to a genetic disorder, a nurse is never far from an anemia diagnosis. That said, we can enhance our ability to describe and determine the various types of anemia based on digging deeper into the lab values that exist with anemia.
- RBC Production
- Symptoms of Types of Anemia
- Key Lab Values for Types of Anemia
- Types of Anemia Based on Lab Values
- Case Studies
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss digging deeper into the lab values that exist in the various types of anemia. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Describe the red blood cell and the morphology that determines anemia.
- Review pathophysiology and explore lab values in response to anemia.
- Utilize case studies to recognize anemias in practice.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: June 25, 2024
Course Offering: #92