*For additional information visit the North Carolina Board of nursing website at https://www.ncbon.com/licensure-listing-continuing-competence-continuing-competence-requirements
North Carolina State Board of Nursing License Renewal Requirements
For license renewal one of the following conditions must be met:
- 15 contact hours of continuing education AND 640 hours of practice within the last 2 years (most common requirements).
- Certification or re-certification by a national credentialing body recognized by the NCBON.
- 30 contact hours of continuing education.
- Successful completion of NCBON-approved refresher course.
- Completion of at least two semester hours of post-license academic education in nursing.
- 15 hours of continuing education AND completion of a nursing project.
- 15 hours of continuing education AND authoring or co-authoring a nursing-related article, paper, book, or book chapter.
- 15 contact hours of continuing education AND developing and conducing a nursing continuing education project that is a minimum of five hours. See state website for full requirements on this statue.
Nursing CE Central is an accepted and recognized continuing education provider by the North Carolina Board of Nursing!