2023 California Renewal Bundle
Contact Hours Awarded: 30
In this course, we will cover a variety of nursing topics which are listed in the course outline below. This course is appropriate for both RNs and LPNs. Upon completion of this single module you will receive a certificate for 30 contact hours.
This bundle meets the requirements outlined in California’s Implicit Bias Requirement for nurses renewing their licenses.
- Sarah Schulze, MSN, APRN
- Keith Wemple, BSN, RN, CCRN-CMC
- Hollie Dubroc, RN, BSN
- Kayla Cavicchio, BSN, RN, CEN, TNCC
- Jillian Hay-Roe, RN, BSN, RN-NIC, LNC
- Esther Van Baren, MSN, RN
- Shane Slone, DNP, RN, APRN, AGACNP-BC
- Tanya Kidd, MHA, MSN, MHS, BHS, CNS, RN
- Madeira Fountaine, RN, MSN, PHN
- Mary Sweeney, BSN, RN, CEN, ONN-CG (T)
- Michael York, MSN, RN
- Daphne Day, MSN, RN
- Molina Allen, MSN, RN, CCRN
- Janice Tazbir, RN, MS, CS, CCRN, CNE, RYT
- Lauren Stephanoff, RN, BSN
- California’s Implicit Bias Training
- Key Concepts of Critical Thinking in Nursing
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Ensuring Patient Confidentiality in Nursing
- Nursing Documentation 101
- Nursing Ethics
- Infection Control and Barrier Precautions
- PTSD in Nurses
- End of Life Process
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Following a DNR: An Ethical Dilemma in Nursing
- Screening for Suicide Risk Factors in Pediatrics
- Human Trafficking
- Pain Management in Nursing
- Drains: Everything you need to know
- A Nurse’s Guide: How to Deal with Difficult Patients
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This course will require the average learner 1,500 minutes to complete and awards 30 contact hours of nursing continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Recognize implicit bias and understand how historical bias impacts how current patients interact with healthcare.
- Describe the differences between listening and active listening when receiving verbal communication.
- Identify the key characteristics of critical thinking in nursing.
- Identify two methods of de-identifying a patient.
- Identify examples of proper and improper charting in everyday practice.
- Develop care plans that strictly follow the ANA Code of Ethics.
- Understand basic infection control practices and how to apply them.
- Describe coping mechanisms for individuals struggling with PTSD.
- Understand the end-of-life process and how this applies to my role as a nurse or caregiver.
- Identify what constitutes sexual harassment.
- Explain what a DNR is and what it is not.
- Identify appropriate suicide screening techniques for pediatric patients.
- Identify appropriate resources for reporting human trafficking crimes and connecting victims to community resources.
- Define pain, including pathophysiology, stages, types, and risk factors.
- Describe the basic management of drains, including basic troubleshooting.
- Identify and practice the skills necessary in providing care to patients when they become angry.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Created on: July 11, 2023
Course Expires on: July 11, 2026
Course Offering: #172