Coronavirus: Nursing Considerations
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Morgan Curry
The outbreak of coronavirus and its slow spread into the United States has caused panic throughout the world. But did you know that the term “coronavirus” actually refers to more than just one type of virus? As a healthcare provider, you should be sure to keep yourself informed with the latest news regarding this epidemic and prepare yourself for the possibility of encountering it in your workplace. Here’s everything you need to know about this group of viruses, the virus that’s currently affecting China and slowly spreading around the globe and how it’s diagnosed and treated.
- What is the Coronavirus?
- Signs and Symptoms
- Preventative Actions
- What is Considered Close Contact?
- Quarantine vs Isolation
- Options for Testing
- Pharmacologic Treatment
- Diagnosis and Management
- COVID-19 Vaccines
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss mental health conditions that are common to veterans and their families. It will take the average learner 75 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand what Coronavirus is and where it originated.
- Have knowledge of the basic signs and symptoms.
- Understand preventative actions.
- Have knowledge on the various options for testing as well as pharmacologic treatment.
- Have basic knowledge of diagnosis and management of COVID-19.
- Understand different COVID-19 vaccines available.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
COURSE CREATED ON: February 01, 2020
Course Expires on: February 01, 2023
Course Offering: #24