Coronavirus: Nursing Considerations
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Sarah Schulze
Since it first emerged in China in late 2019, the SARS-CoV-2 strain of coronavirus has spread worldwide, causing over 760 million confirmed cases and nearly 7 million deaths globally. Over 1 million United States citizens have died from the disease and, despite expanded knowledge of the disease, improved testing, and widely available and effective vaccines, the virus still remains a front runner of public health concern (10).
Much has changed since the beginning of the pandemic, and this module aims to provide the most up to date and comprehensive overview of nursing considerations for COVID-19.
- What is the Coronavirus?
– Signs and Symptoms
– Covid-19 and Pregnancy
– Mutations and Variants
– Long Covid
- Nursing Considerations
– Quarantine vs Isolation
- Covid-19 Vaccines
– Currently Available
– Current Recommendations
– Side Effects and Complications
– Vaccine and Pregnancy
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss nursing considerations for coronavirus. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate a 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Explain identifying factors of the coronavirus family and how SARS-CoV-2 fits into that family.
- List common symptoms and possible complications of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Discuss risk factors for more severe COVID-19 disease.
- Explain emerging evidence about Post Covid Conditions (PCCs).
- Identify the various types of SARS-CoV-2 testing available and when each type is indicated.
- Discuss treatment plans for people infected with SARS-CoV-2 and when various treatments are indicated.
- Identify the various vaccines available and the dosing schedule based on age.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors otherwise have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
COURSE CREATED ON: February 01, 2020
COURSE RENEWED ON: April 17, 2023
Course Expires on: April 17, 2026
Course Offering: #24