Contact Hours Awarded: 1
RN, BSN, CEN, CDCES
Are you feeling chronically exhausted, overworked, and underappreciated in your current role as a nurse? Chances are, you may be experiencing an element of nurse burnout. The healthcare arena is experiencing significant challenges, from nursing and equipment shortages to extended work hours and an aging population requiring complex treatments.
The 2020 Coronavirus pandemic left most healthcare professionals with varying mental, physical, and spiritual challenges. The “new normal” of the post-pandemic landscape continues to challenge all healthcare professionals.
This educational course aims to assist the healthcare professional in identifying signs and symptoms of nurse burnout. In doing so, they will be educated and empowered to implement specific self-care behaviors to lessen the effects of professional burnout.
In addition, this course will explore the impact of nurse burnout on organizational safety. When all levels of patient care providers are focused on lowering the risk factors for nurse burnout, the result can be improved patient care and employee satisfaction (1).
- Nurse Burnout vs. Compassion Fatigue
- Risk factors
- Impact on individual health
- Impact on workplace organizational health
- Self-Care Strategies
- Organizational strategies
- Case study
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course, we will discuss nurse burnout, and how it affects the health of individuals and organizations. It will take the average learner 60 minutes to complete and awards 1 contact hours of continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate a 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Discuss differences between nurse burnout and compassion fatigue.
- Identify individual and organizational behaviors/ factors that heighten the risk for nurse burnout
- Describe self-care strategies available to lessen nurse burnout.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: October 05, 2026
Course Offering: #194