Skin Tear Treatment for Elderly Patients
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Elaine Enright
As we age, our skin becomes frail and thin. In elderly patients, skin tears are a common healthcare concern. In the U.S., 22% of long-term care patients had skin tears. As nurses, how can we prevent and care for these wounds? This educational program will address skin tear treatment and prevention for elderly patients.
- Integumentary System
- What is a Skin Tear?
- Skin Tear Treatment in Nursing
- Preventing Skin Tears
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss skin tear treatment and prevention in elderly populations. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Name the three levels of the integumentary system.
- Understand what a skin tear is and the risk factors.
- Explain what the categories and subcategories of skin tears are.
- Properly care for a skin tear.
- Develop ways to prevent skin tears from occurring.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: July 07, 2024
Course Offering: #103