The Challenges of a Nephrology Nurse
Contact Hours Awarded: 2
Author: Tanya Kidd
MHA, MSN, MHS, BHS, CNS, RN
Nurses touch the lives of everyone they encounter, whether it is caring for individuals, families, or communities. Nurses work endlessly to help patients maintain, attain, or recover from illnesses so they can achieve optimal health and quality of life. The practice of a nephrology nurse has been recognized for over 48 years and requires an intensive knowledge base to care for the pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients with kidney disease. Nurses face many challenges in throughout their profession and workforce which require stamina, perseverance, and commitment. As a result of the current state of healthcare and the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been an enormous burden placed on nurses, especially nephrology nurses.
- Case Studies
- What is Nephrology Nursing?
- Why Do We Need Nephrology Nurses?
- Where Can a Nephrology Nurse Work?
- What Challenges Does a Nephrology Nurse Face?
- How Do They Overcome These Challenges?
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the basics, challenges, and necessity of nephrology nurses. It will take the average learner 120 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the utility of a nephrology nurse.
- Understand the importance of nephrology nurses and where they are needed.
- Identify three challenges facing nephrology nurses.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Expires on: June 25, 2024
Course Offering: #97