Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Kayla M. Cavicchio
BSN, RN, CEN
Unless trauma, emergency, operating room (OR), or pre-hospital nursing is your specialty, it is possible you may never encounter a tourniquet. And unless it is something you deal with on a daily basis, many may not feel comfortable when the time comes to properly apply one. Because of the time-sensitive nature of tourniquet application, there is room for user error and serious complications. This course is designed to educate and help with tourniquet application and management.
- What is a Tourniquet?
- Current Practice with Tourniquets
- Indications and Application of Tourniquets
- Complications of Tourniquets
- Parts of a Tourniquet and Troubleshooting
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the application of and indications for tourniquets. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand how tourniquets are used in current practice.
- Understand the proper indications for application.
- Understand complications and troubleshooting related to the use of them.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Expires on: April 05, 2024
Course Offering: 44