Kentucky Domestic Violence
Contact Hours Awarded: 3
Author: Kayla M. Cavicchio
MSN, RN, CEN
Domestic violence continues to be a prevalent topic in media and society. While many partake in conversation, there can be a serious lack of knowledge on how impactful domestic violence can be. Healthcare providers are in a prime position to provide assessment, treatment, and resources to victims of any age. Recognizing the various types of abuse, populations affected, and appearance of victims can create confidence in the nurse that has hundreds of patient encounters annually.
- What is Domestic Violence?
- Etiology and Pathophysiology
- The Cycle of Abuse Model
- Those at Risk
- Assessing for Domestic Violence
- The History Assessment
- The Physical Assessment
- Effects of Domestic Violence
- Statistics and Prevalence of Domestic Violence
- What Can Nurses Do?
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course, we will discuss the various types of substance abuse and the signs and symptoms of each. It will take the average learner 180 minutes to complete and awards 3 contact hours of continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate a 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- State the definition of domestic violence and intimate partner violence.
- Understand those at risk for domestic violence.
- Recognize the importance of collecting a detailed history and physical assessment.
- Identify processes for assessing abuse and barriers of disclosure.
- Discuss statistics and the prevalence of domestic violence.
- Identify notational and state resources for victims of domestic violence.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: September 08, 2026
Course Offering: #176