- 5295 (Registered)
Contact Hours Awarded: 3.5
The first liver transplant was performed in 1967 by Dr. Thomas Starzl. Today, liver disease is the 12th most common cause of death. Liver transplant remains the last treatment option for patients with end-stage liver disease. In this course we will discuss all things liver transplant. You will come away from this course with a better understanding of the process of transplantation as well as the long-term implications.
- Purpose statement
- Stages of Liver Disease
- Causes of Liver Disease
- Case Study: Meet The Patient
- When Demand Exceeds Supply: How Do We Allocate Livers?
- Case Study: History of Present Illness
- Evaluation Process
- Case Study: The Workup
- Living Donor Liver Transplant: The Other Kind of Transplant
- Contraindications of Transplantation
- Transplant Complications
- Case Study: The Post-Operative Period
- Post Transplant Management: Immunosuppression, Infection Prevention, and Long Term Outcomes
- References (Bibliography)
Accreditation statement: Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
More course information
In this course you will learn about liver transplantation in end-stage hepatic disease. It will take the average learner 225 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify when liver transplantation is an appropriate treatment modality for end-stage liver disease.
- Discuss the process of transplant workup and evaluation.
- Understand the post-operative care required for liver transplant recipients.
Registered Nurses (RN)
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for completion:
1.) Enrollment in the course by the learner
2.) Read and learn all course materials
3.) Complete the course evaluation
4.) Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Course offering: # 1
Accreditations and approvals:
ANCC (Provider# P0614)
California BRN (Provider# 17418)
Kentucky Board of Nursing (Provider# 7-0090)
Course expiration date: March 1, 2022
Conflict of interest statement: Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Liver Transplantation In this section we will discuss the process of liver transplantation from begining to end
In this course you will learn about liver transplantation in end-stage hepatic disease.