2022 Ohio Renewal Bundle
Contact Hours Awarded: 24
Author: Multiple Authors
This 2022 Ohio License Renewal Bundle meets all renewal requirements for Ohio LPNs and RNs. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion for 24 contact hours.
This course includes multiple interesting topics in one easy course. Per the Ohio Board of Nursing’s continuing education requirements, all Ohio nurses are required to pass a test with a score of 80% or higher to receive their certificate.
- Morgan Curry, RN, BSN
- Jillian Hay-Roe, RN, BSN, RN-NIC, LNC
- Sarah Schulze, MSN, APRN
- Hollie Dubroc, RN, BSN
- Shane Slone, DNP, AGACNP-BC, APRN, RN
- Kayla M. Cavicchio, BSN, RN, CEN
- Michael York, MSN, RN
- Madeira Fountaine, RN, MSN, PHN
- Tanya Kidd, RN, MHS, MHA, MSN, CNS
- Esther Van Baren, MSN, RN
- Lauren Stephanoff, BSN, RN
- Cathleen Adams, MBA, RN, CENP
- Ohio Nurse Practice Act
- Opioid Abuse
- Vaping Induced Lung Injuries
- LGBTQ Cultural Competence
- Following a DNR: An Ethical Dilemma in Nursing
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Flu Treatment, Symptoms, and Red Flags
- Nursing Documentation 101
- End of Life Process
- Alzheimer’s Nursing Care
- PTSD in Nursing
- Nursing Ethics
- Ensuring Patient Confidentiality in Nursing
- A Nurse’s Guide: How to Deal with Difficult Patients
- How to Reduce New Nurse Turnover
Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the outlined topics in accordance with the Ohio Board of Nursing. It will take the average learner 1,440 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the definition and roles of the Ohio Board of Nursing and the Ohio Administrative Code.
- Understand how to recognize Opiate Use Disorder and what to do with patients who are high risk.
- Explain the role of the provider in educating patients on the harmful effects of vaping.
- Work within their own organization to begin enacting change to benefit LGBTQ patients.
- Identify barriers to effective communication and how to improve communication for successful patient and staff satisfaction outcomes.
- Identify signs and symptoms associated with seasonal influenza and understand the limitations of rapid influenza testing.
- Identify examples of proper and improper charting in everyday practice.
- Identify the phases of dying.
- Understand different strategies of caregiving related to Alzheimer’s disease and ways to manage various aspects of behavioral changes of a patient with Alzheimer’s.
- Identify signs and symptoms of PTSD in nurses.
- Understand how nursing ethics apply to individual, daily practice.
- Understand best practices for maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Identify and practice the skills necessary in providing care to patients when they become angry.
- Understand the rate of new nurse turnover and the impact it has on the field of nursing.
100% of participants will pass a post test demonstrating knowledge of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act with a score of 80% or higher.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Conflict of Interest Statement
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Course Expires on: January 11, 2024
Course Offering: #138