2023 Pennsylvania Renewal Bundle
Contact Hours Awarded: 28
In this course, we will cover the variety of nursing topics listed in the course outline below. This course fulfills 28 contact hours of the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing’s required 30 hours for license renewal. Upon completion of this single module, you will receive a certificate for 28 contact hours.
Please note that this course does NOT include the child abuse recognition and reporting course that is required for license renewal. That course is provided free of charge by The Pennsylvania Child Welfare and Resource Center and can be found at this link: https://www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu/
- Keith Wemple, BSN, RN, CCRN-CMC
- Hollie Dubroc, RN, BSN
- Kayla Cavicchio, BSN, RN, CEN, TNCC
- Jillian Hay-Roe, RN, BSN, RN-NIC, LNC
- Esther Van Baren, MSN, RN
- Shane Slone, DNP, RN, APRN, AGACNP-BC
- Tanya Kidd, MHA, MSN, MHS, BHS, CNS, RN
- Madeira Fountaine, RN, MSN, PHN
- Mary Sweeney, BSN, RN, CEN, ONN-CG (T)
- Michael York, MSN, RN
- Daphne Day, MSN, RN
- Molina Allen, MSN, RN, CCRN
- Meghan Jenkins, MSN, APRN
- Janice Tazbir, RN, MS, CS, CCRN, CNE, RYT
- Key Concepts of Critical Thinking in Nursing
- Effective Communication in Nursing
- Ensuring Patient Confidentiality in Nursing
- Nursing Documentation 101
- Nursing Ethics
- Infection Control and Barrier Precautions
- PTSD in Nurses
- End of Life Process
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Following a DNR: An Ethical Dilemma in Nursing
- Screening for Suicide Risk Factors in Pediatrics
- Human Trafficking
- Pain Management in Nursing
- Drains: Everything you need to know
- Administration of Blood Products
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This course will require the average learner 1,400 minutes to complete and awards 28 contact hours of nursing continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Identify the key characteristics of critical thinking in nursing.
- Describe the differences between listening and active listening when receiving verbal communication.
- Identify two methods of de-identifying a patient.
- Identify examples of proper and improper charting in everyday practice.
- Develop care plans that strictly follow the ANA Code of Ethics.
- Understand basic infection control practices and how to apply them.
- Describe coping mechanisms for individuals struggling with PTSD.
- Understand the end-of-life process and how this applies to my role as a nurse or caregiver.
- Explain what a DNR is and what it is not.
- Identify what constitutes sexual harassment.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Created on: January 1, 2023
Course Expires on: January 1, 2026
Course Offering: #153