Delaware Substance Abuse
Contact Hours Awarded: 3
Author: Mallory Lawler
MSN, RN, CPN
This course will walk you through the different substances that are commonly abused, the prevalence of that abuse, the symptoms one experiences while using that substance, overdose symptoms, and how to counteract an overdose. You will also learn about substance abuse in adolescents, substance abuse in nurses, and prevention methods currently being used to combat substance abuse.
- Prescription Medicines
- Substance Abuse in Adolescents
- Substance Abuse in Nurses
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course, we will discuss the various types of substance abuse and the signs and symptoms of each. It will take the average learner 180 minutes to complete and awards 3 contact hours of continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate a 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- List and explain the most common abused substances.
- Understand both the short-term and long-term health effects from each of the substances covered.
- List the treatment options available for each substance.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: July 24, 2026
Course Offering: #174