Sexual Harassment Prevention
Contact Hours Awarded: 1
Author: Mary Sweeney
BSN, RN, CEN, ONN-CG (T)
The impacts of sexual harassment affect nurses in many negative ways. There are obvious psychological consequences, but there is also evidence to suggest that work performance can also be affected (3). Many states have recognized the significant impact of this issue and have taken measures to empower nurses to prevent and/or address sexual harassment.
- Why Are Nurses Vulnerable to Sexual Harassment?
- What Is Sexual Harassment?
- Key Points for Sexual Harassment
– Two Types of Sexual Harassment
- What Should Nurses Do if They Experience Sexual Harassment
- Whistleblower Protections
- Concluding Points
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss sexual harassment in the healthcare workplace and the steps nurses can take to protect themselves and others. It will take the average learner 60 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Identify what behavior constitutes sexual harassment.
- Identify the types of sexual harassment.
- Understand what nurses should do if they experience sexual harassment.
- Understand what protections are available to those who report sexual harassment (whistleblower protections).
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: April 08, 2024
Course Offering: #52