Understanding the Different Types of Strokes
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Joanne Kuplicki
MA, RN, CCRN, NC-BC
Nurses are at the forefront of the recognition and treatment of strokes. It is imperative that we are aware that there are multiple causes of strokes, each of which has a varied treatment. The health care team must be aware of newly recognized treatments for strokes related to the anatomical disorder causing it. Ischemic stroke is still the leading cause of a stroke, but there are other reasons that are unrecognized. The entire multidisciplinary team can make a difference in patient outcomes with swift assessment and treatment of the several types of strokes.
- Stroke Causes
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
– Presentation of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Intracranial Hemorrhage
- Cerebral Perfusion
- Intracranial Pressure
- Treatment of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course we will discuss the various types of strokes, their signs and symptoms, and how to treat them. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will rate 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- List non-ischemic causes of a stroke and recognize incidence.
- Name 4 signs/symptoms of intracranial hemorrhage.
- Calculate cerebral perfusion pressure and its meaning.
- Recognize common treatments of subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: April 22, 2024
Course Offering: #56