Washington Telehealth Training
Contact Hours Awarded: 1.5
Author: Amy White
RN-MSN, Chief Nursing Officer
Telehealth is making it easier than ever to provide healthcare services to patients that live in remote areas, have no access to transportation, or have a disability that makes it difficult to leave the home. Telehealth has been rapidly growing with some patients now preferring to receive most of their care through virtual appointments. There has been a steady increase in the demand for these services since the COVID-19 pandemic began, and that demand is not slowing down. Healthcare professionals have also realized that many of the services they were providing in-office could be provided via interactive audio and technology applications.
Completion of this course meets the Telemedicine Training Requirement for Washington State, which requires all nurses that provide telemedicine services to complete accredited training for licensure renewal.
- Telehealth Background
- Scope of Practice
- Policy and Regulations
– In-State and Out-of-State Requirements
– Credentialing and Protocols
– Ryan Haight Act of 2008
- Telehealth Readiness
- Telehealth Visit
Nursing CE Central LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In this course, we will discuss the development of telehealth, relevant policies, and best practices for nurses utilizing this technology. It will take the average learner 90 minutes to complete and awards 1.5 contact hours of continuing education.
After completing this course, the learner will rate a 4 out of 5 on the Likert Scale for their ability to:
- Discuss the background, origin, and scope of telehealth practice.
- Explain policies and regulations related to telehealth.
- Describe ways to determine if an organization is ready and prepared for telehealth, as well as the process for the actual telehealth visit.
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for Completion
- Enrollment in the course by the learner
- Read and learn all course materials
- Complete the course evaluation
- Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Accreditations + Approvals
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) (P0614)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 17418)
- Kentucky Board of Nursing (7-0090)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (58)
- New York State Department of Education (IC 208)
- Florida Board of Nursing (50-23983)
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts, or any contributors have any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
Course Expires on: August 04, 2026
Course Offering: #175