- 5152 (Registered)
Contact Hours Awarded: 3.5
The pediatric population presents unique challenges to nurses. The expert pediatric nurse recognizes that developmental stage plays a pivotal role in the approach of each child. In this course we will discuss how to care for children of each developmental stage, including expert tips and tricks for pediatric nurses.
- Current Practice
- Family Responses to Illness and/or the Hospitalized Child
- Developmental Considerations for Appropriate Nursing Interventions
- General Interventions across the Developmental Spectrum
- The Importance of Caring, Consistency, and Humility
- Labeling Feelings
- Let’s Talk About Resiliency
- Developmental Strategies with Infants (0-12 months)
- Developmental Strategies with Toddlers (1- 3 years old)
- Developmental Strategies with Preschool Children (3 years – 6 years)
- Developmental Strategies with School Age Children (6 years – 12 years)
- Developmental Strategies with Adolescent Children (12 years – 18 years)
- Use of Play – Therapeutic Play
- Cultural Considerations
- Reducing Pain and Discomfort
- Pediatric Patients with Special Healthcare Needs
- References (Bibliography)
Accreditation statement: Nursing CE Central is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
More course information
In this course we will discuss developmentally appropriate interventions and techniques that nurses may use to better care for pediatric patients. It will require the average learner 175 minutes to complete.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify age-appropriate interventions used to facilitate medical and nursing care in pediatric patients.
- Explain how to involve the family in pediatric care in order to maximize patient comfort and cooperation.
- Describe the unique challenges nurses face when caring for children of various developmental stages.
Registered Nurses (RN)
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Requirement for completion:
1.) Enrollment in the course by the learner
2.) Read and learn all course materials
3.) Complete the course evaluation
4.) Attest and testify learning of the course materials
Course offering: # 14
Accreditations and approvals:
ANCC (Provider# P0614)
California BRN (Provider# 17418)
Kentucky Board of Nursing (Provider# 7-0090)
Course expiration date: 03/01/2022
Conflict of interest statement: Nursing CE Central nor any of the authors, planners, content experts or any contributors have a commercial interest nor were influenced by commercial interests in the creation of this course, financially or otherwise.
Caring for Pediatric Patients: Developmentally Appropriate Interventions and Techniques
In this course we will discuss developmentally appropriate interventions and techniques that nurses may use to better care for pediatric patients.